This feast is known as the “Time of our Freedom”
This feast goes for 7 days it has so many important truths that we can match to our lives today.
Let’s start with looking at what predicated the release of the children of Israel from their 400+ years of bondage in Egypt.
Why Israel was saved
- Israel was saved because God saw their distress and heard their cry Exodus 6:5 “I have heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians have kept in bondage”
- Israel was delivered because God was going to sanctify His Name before Israel and before the nations of the world Exodus 9:16 “But for this purpose I have raised you up to show you My power so that My Name may be proclaimed in all the earth”
- Israel was redeemed because of the Covenant God Made with their forefathers Exodus 6:5b “I have remembered My Covernant”
- Israel was redeemed because of God’s abundant loving-kindness Chessed Exodus 6:7 “I will take you for My People and I will be your God”
- Israel was saved because of the arrival of time had come…the arrival of Zeman the appointed time Zeman Cheiruteinu Gen. 15: 13 “ Then the Lord said to Abram know for certain your offspring will be sojourners an a land not theirs and they will be afflicted for 400 years”
Exodus 12: 41 “At the end of 430 years on the very day all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.”
This is the feast of Redemption
This is the feast of Freedom
There are two major miracles of Pesach
- The miracle of the plague of the firstborn.. all of Israel’s firstborn were saved because of the blood of a perfect lamb on the doorposts of the homes…a Lamb for a house ..then death passed over and Israel was saved
- The second miracle was on the seventh day of Pesach Israel crossed the Red Sea (Yam Suf) safely…. but all of her enemies drowned not one of them remained Exodus 14:28 “The waters returned and covered the Chariots and the horsemen of all the host of Pharoah that had followed them into the Sea NOT ONE of them remained”
So Pasach was a miracle to save Israel…and a miracle to destroy her enemies.
The word Pasach means sparing from penalty…which we just spoke of..it took the blood of a perfect lamb
Which represents the Perfect Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world… scripture tells us “Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin” ( Hebrews 9:22)
The sprinkling of blood on the doorposts divided the inside from the outside with the blood of the Lamb..a Lamb for a house…the home became the safe haven
For the family inside the walls…all made possible through the Blood….the family unit becomes a place of protection of instruction a sanctuary
With Pesach we have 3 things
- Atonement blood…protective blood..a covering..death passes over..a sparing from penalty
- Nation building is done through the family unit with the Blood over us
- God keeps His people in the midst of Judgment
Let’s remember God keeps us in the midst of Judgment…no matter what is going on in the world God is present with us and he has made a way for our freedom and deliverance.
Shalom and the Blessing of Pesach over you and those you love